Take a balloon and let's fly away

6:56:00 PM




A couple of weeks ago I literally lost the ground beneath my feed - and it was incredible! As most people I have been on airplanes, sitting in a seat and looking outside through a tiny window. But this is nothing like flying with a hot-air balloon - dangling from a balloon in a tiny wooden basket in the sky!

It started with me sleepwalking to the car because we had to get up at 4.30 a.m.! That put a little damper on our adventuresomeness at first. But riding a hot-air balloon is not like taking your seat in an airplane - it requires some preparation and since they are HUGE everyone has to bear a hand. With combined forces we managed to roll out the giant balloon and slowly fill it with gas.

Then we finally climbed into the basket and it started to lift into the air, slowly at first but then faster and faster. The feeling to just float into the air was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Seeing houses, trees, cares and entire villages shrinking to the size of toys felt almost like I was still dreaming...













 


You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts